DIFFERENT TYPES OF TABLE SETUP IN A RESTAURANT
Gone are those days when food comes the first whilst visiting a restaurant. Now the ambiance and table setting matter the most when people visit a fancy or local restaurant. Waiters and managers are tasked to make sure that every table is well organized or not?
VARIOUS TYPES OF TABLE SETTINGS
Each table has its own set of pacing spoons, plates, cups, and other utensils. Most of the restaurants that you have visited must have similar furniture or table settings that you must be familiar with the one listed below.
There are too many ways to organize a table’s setting that you should know what kind of setting suits your occasion the best. If you are having a formal occasion then its best to add that hint of cleanness that can reflect your decency. You can also get tables and fine chairs for your restaurant from Hospitality Furniture Connections. Every restaurant has its own variations and settings however the standard format mostly includes:
- Table Mats
Juxtapose to the formal setting there is an option available for casual variation that includes more simple table settings. As you know every restaurant has its own style that sets a formal and informal according to their design and type of their place. The casual table settings require more carefree touch and below listed depicts some casual styles:
- Little less formal and spacious to allow every guest to enter.
- Utensils or cutlery like spoon, knife, and fork are optional and totally depends on your need.
- Absence of butter and bread plates due to the casual ambiance.
- Napkins can be paced in any posting on either side (left or right).
- Forks are mostly placed on the top of the dinner plates.
Formal and casual table settings are pretty common and you might have seen it everywhere but what about a buffet table setting. It is arranged for a specific occasion or a period of time mostly on requests. For instance, you have asked the hotel management to arrange a food table and make arrangements for it then the management mostly displays food on a table that people can take it from. It serves fine dining and a great experience which is quite suitable for big gatherings. Also, the buffet style table settings are pretty standard and include:
- Buffet tables are mostly arranged with long tables that are joined side to side.
- Decorations are mostly placed in the center on the table.
- To avoid confusion and hustle, utensils and cutleries are placed on the separate table along with all the cups and wine glasses.
- Everything is symmetrically arranged that typically starts from side dishes to appetizers, main courses, veggies, salad, bread, and deserts.
- Tissues, paper, and cloth napkins are placed between each plate so that each person can get a napkin.
Who loves pizza? Well everybody is a pizza fan as far as you can think of. When you think of a pizza place following type of table settings come into your mind:
- Let’s start with the basic set that includes 1 knife, 1 fork, 1 plate, 1 spoon, and one napkin or handkerchief.
- The fork is always placed on the right side of the plate along with a tissue or napkin.